We’re excited to present you with a guest post from Hardik Parikh today, bio follows.
Education has become a mere formality nowadays without any impetus on providing learning to students. We are seeing lots of e-learning courses being developed, but the purpose of education is lost. There is a need for an educational structure that can not only provide better learning opportunities to students, but also stimulate them to gain knowledge from the subjects. In order to fulfill this prophecy, there is a need for an educational mechanism that can transform the thinking of students to another level.
Some ideas for radically transforming K-12 education include:
- The transforming role of teachers: Teachers are more than just tutors in the lives of students. They function more like mentors who are liable for making or breaking the career of each student. Hence; there is a need for an e-learning course which does not only provide interactive support to children through one-on-one counseling, but also looks after the academic progress of each student. Teachers should deliver the content in such a manner that students enjoy the learning process and thoroughly gain intellectual knowledge.
- The evolving role of tests: In the traditional learning methods, teachers test students. But with the inception of e-learning courses things have changed dramatically. Now, no longer does a teacher have to test students to evaluate their progress. It is done through online practice. Hence; there is a need for a practice management tool to be integrated into e-learning courses so that students can practice basic problems to understand the topic. Interactive exercises should also be merged into e-learning courses to make the learning process interactive and fun.
- Need for customized learning path for each student: It is very important to create customized learning paths for students based on their intellectual capacity and understanding. The course design should follow the common core curriculum and state boards.
- Guidance from experts from relevant field: In order to be a success, it is very important for an e-learning course to integrate expert knowledge from relevant sources so that whenever students get stuck they can receive help from the expert of that particular field. It should also be noted that there should be one tutor per student so that students can enjoy undivided attention from the experts
- Integration of images along with videos: E-learning courses have to be designed in such a manner that students can access interactive content including lots of images and videos so that they can learn in a fun-filled environment. This kind of teaching pattern is especially important for primary level students as it makes the learning process interesting and interactive.
Hardik Parikh is the director of e-learning solutions for empower.